The National Institutes of Technology (NITs), previously known as Regional Institutes of Technology, are the most coveted institutes, after the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), for engineering studies. There are 32 NITs in India and some of them are of the same level as the IITs. In order to get into these colleges, you need to crack the JEE Main (previously known as AIEEE) with high scores.
Best NITs In India
The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) is a methodology approved by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) of India to rank educational institutions in India, including the NITs. The institutions were ranked based on parameters which broadly cover “Teaching, Learning and Resources,” “Research and Professional Practices,” “Graduation Outcomes,” “Outreach and Inclusivity,” and “Perception”.
While ranking the NITs, the following six factors are considered:
- Placement percentage
- Placement packages
- Brand value
- Cutoff Ranks
Based on these ranking parameters, the following are the top five NITs in India:
- National Institute of Technology, Trichy, Tamil Nadu: With an NIRF score of 74.45, this college secured the first rank among all the NITs in India. It is also the 12th best educational institute in India.
- National Institute of Technology, Surat, Gujarat: This is the second best NIT with an NIRF score of 73.13. This NIT has a rank of 15 among all institutes in India.
- National Institute of Technology, Nagpur, Maharashtra: The third in the list, NIT Nagpur got an NIRF score of 71.29.
- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, Odisha: NIT, Rourkela is the fourth best NIT in the country with an NIRF score of 70.80.
- National Institute of Technology, Mangalore, Karnataka: This NIT came fifth in the list with an NIRF score of 68.95.
Getting admission to these NITs needs a rank below 25,000. If you have a particular branch in mind, you need to work harder and get a better rank. In order to ensure your admission to these colleges, you need to have a well-defined, well-structured study plan. You need to have in-depth knowledge about all the concepts in the syllabus. You need to improve your time-management skills, stamina, and exam taking strategy.
At neet results, we believe that students who get personalized assistance can improve their score and ensure a seat in their dream college. looks after the overall development of a student with its analysis and guidance.
You can also and take Neet Answer key on Embibe which will help you in your preparation for JEE Main.